Friday 18 October 2013

The World Needs More Love Letters

Awhile ago, I stumbled across Hannah Brencher's blog. Through this, I discovered an organisation she runs called The World Needs More Love Letters.
Basically, people write letters filled with encouragement, kindness and love and either send them to people who have requested them, or just hide them in random places across their city. Needless to say, I fell in love with the idea.

I love to encourage people, and the thought of being able to do that both anonymously, and for people who may not ever hear kindness from anyone else just so captured me. So last week, I hit a low point. I was lonely, I was depressed, I was sick and I was exhausted both physically and emotionally. As I sat by the water sobbing, I knew it was time to start writing. Because I have learned that sometimes the best way to cure our own loneliness is to add to other people's happiness. I have learned that when we're in need of encouragement is when we should reach out in kindness to other people. Generosity, whether that be through words, gifts, talents, or money, will always produce happiness.

So I wrote. I poured my heart and soul into letters that I later left in random places. And now I am hooked. I've written letters about loneliness, vulnerability, health, moving forward and  being brave. And I have left them at the beach, in a doctors office, in a library book and random places across my city. Choosing to bless others has seriously begun to bless me, and I love it.

So here's why I'm telling you this. If you want a letter, email me or inbox me on Facebook. I don't need details and I wont ask questions, I will simply send you a love letter filled with encouragement, hope, and kindness. Because sometimes we just need that. We just need something to remind us in the lonely and sad moments that everything is going to be okay, and someone out there cares for us and is thinking of us.
You can email me at bekksiebekk@gmail.com, and all you need to do is say you would like a letter, and either give me a postal address, or an email address (whichever you prefer).

I've only just started on this love letter journey, and I am honestly stoked to keep writing and hiding letters all over the place. If you would like to join me in this journey, or if you have fun ideas of places to leave letters, comment here, or on facebook, or email me :) I would love to hear from you!

p.s. Coming up on the blog next week: one of these love letters called 'Moving On.' Coming your way on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment